Mountain Bike Masterclass
Time & Location
About the Event
In this class, we cover all of the essential skills so that you can confidently and safely progress as a mountain biker. In this class, we will ensure that riders understand how to progress their riding, whether that's moving onto more difficult trails or to help you progress after a 'progression plateau'. By signing up to this clinic you are also eligible for a 50% discount on our Training Plans on TrainingPeaks.
This full-day class will take place at the purpose-built mountain bike skills area, Blue and Red graded trails at Cathkin Braes in Glasgow.
During the Mountain Bike Masterclass, you will learn:
- Correct body position for mountain biking
- Correct weight distribution and balance
- Essential Skills including manuals, wheel lifts and bunny hops
- How to judge your pace and brake safely
- How to feel confident at low speed
- How to tackle drop-offs
- How to corner with confidence
- How to tackle technical climbs
- How to maintain momentum
- How to pick the right line
- How to get air on small to medium tabletop jumps
Please meet at the Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike Trails lower car park on Ardencraig Road 15 minutes before the session begins. You should arrive with your bike in safe working order, your helmet, suitable clothing, any protective clothing you require and sufficient food, drinks and spares for a full day of riding.
Please note that bikes and helmets are not available for hire.
We will break for lunch but lunch is not provided.
This Skills Clinic is for riders aged over 14 only. Riders aged under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Mountain Bike Masterclass£110£1100£0